The Panel Series
- Downtown Vibrancy GrantExplore the top safety asks for the province and compare provincial supports for Edmonton and Calgary
- Meet Me Downtown CampaignExplore the top safety asks for the province and compare provincial supports for Edmonton and Calgary
- Stabilizing EPS traffic enforcement revenues with a $22.3 million annual property tax levy
- $7 million for 2023 to the Edmonton Police Service to improve enforcement
- $15.2 million for the Healthy Streets Operations Centre located in Chinatown to improve safety in the Downtown core, Chinatown, and other nearby business districts
- $13.5 million over four years for additional transit enforcement and social services support, including hiring new Transit Peace Officers
- $109 million in funds for Affordable Housing and Houselessness Prevention
- An additional $26.4 million for the Affordable Housing Grant Program that provides municipal property tax relief to affordable housing providers
- $10.8 million over four years for 24/7 Crisis Diversion to reduce pressure on EPS resources
- $3.7 million annually to improve cleanliness and increase access to public washrooms
- $1.2 million annually for the Problem Property Initiative
- Window Repair Program that covers up to 50% of costs for eligible repairs up to a maximum of $2,500 for businesses
- The Professional Graffiti Cleaning Program that offers up to $750 worth of graffiti cleaning assistance to property owners
- Economic Incentive Construction Grant Program - Applications Closed The 2021 Economic Incentive Construction Grant resulted in 10 projects worth $551 million in construction, creating 4,050 jobs, 2,341 residential units and 78,000 square feet of commercial space in and adjacent to downtown
Read more about what Council funded in the budget on Mayor Sohi's blog.READ THE BLOG
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
TOOLS AND RESOURCES
Use this information to engage with your local provincial candidates this election.